Penmaenmawr Golf Club
Penmaenmawr Golf Club aims to operate a contemporary and forward-thinking dress policy, commensurate with a modern day golf club. It is in all our interests to maintain reasonable standards of casual but smart dress in keeping with golfing traditions. Penmaenmawr Golf Club wishes and hopes that members, visitors and guests will assist in maintaining standards expected, both on the Course and in the Clubhouse.
Dress Code for the Course.
- Conventional golf dress
- A collared shirt such as Polo / Polo neck / turtle neck or dress shirt must be worn.
- Sleeveless shirts with a collar (ladies)
- Collarless shirts with sleeves (ladies)
- Full length trousers or tailored, knee length shorts should be worn.
- Sport type / ankle socks or knee length socks should be worn while wearing shorts.
- Appropriate golf shoes must be worn, while on the course.
The Following Clothing is NOT Acceptable on the Course.
- Blue Denim jeans or shirts
- T shirts, rugby or football style shirts.
- Shirts with large logos or slogans.
- Tracksuit tops or trousers.
Dress Code for the Clubhouse
- Smart casual wear unless otherwise stipulated for special functions.
- Buttoned dress shirts may be worn outside of trousers.
- Knee length tailored shorts may be worn (not after 9.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays).
- Sport style / ankle socks or knee length socks must be worn with shorts.
- Smart, clean denim without tears or frays (but not for official functions unless stated)
The Following Clothing is NOT Acceptable within the Clubhouse
- Tee shirts or rugby / football style shirts.
- Shirts with large logo’s or slogans.
- Tracksuit jackets or bottoms.
- Hats, caps or visors.
- Golfing footwear
Official functions include:-
- Captain’s, Lady Captain’s, President’s, Lady President’s Days
- Captain’s and Lady Captain’s Drive In
- Gala Presentation
- Other functions deemed necessary by the Management Committee
Please follow the dress code;
Penmaenmawr Golf Club does have a flexible dress code but we do endeavour to maintain a certain standard of dress for all members and visitors and it is only respectful to follow these basic rules out of respect for individuals who have taken the time and effort to represent the club.